To utilize skills, education, and experience as a music instructor. To provide my students a rich, rewarding, and comprehensive musical experience that fosters creativity, self-expression, and self-confidence.
BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC; Boston, MA. Bachelor of Music Degree: 1981. Summa Cum Laude, Dean’s List.
Private music instructor: Thirty-six years' experience.
Piano, Keyboard, Voice, Guitar, Music Theory, Improvisation, Songwriting.
- 1982 — Pres Stan Munslow Studio, Coventry, RI.
- 1995 — 1998 Gordon School; East Providence, RI.
- 1989 — 1997 Moses Brown Academy; Providence, RI.
- 1982 — 1989 Brad DeGraide Music Studio; Coventry, RI.
Classroom Instructor: Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Music Theory.
- 2001 — Pres Black, White & Blues. Preschool Piano instruction program.
- 1986 — 2010 The Learning Connection; Providence, RI. Guitar, keyboard.
- 1985 — 1986 MS-220; Providence, RI. Applied music theory.
COMPOSITION / ARRANGING
Extensive compositional and conducting experience at the high school level. Original jazz compositions performed at major jazz festivals and events including The Newport Jazz Festival and President's Park, Washington, DC.
- 1981 — 1988 Composer-in-residence; West Warwick High School.
- 1981 — 1988 Composer-in-resdence; RIMEA All-Star Jazz Ensemble
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMING EXPERIENCE
1975 — Present: Extensive performing experience as a guitarist, bassist, keyboardist.
Theater Orchestra Pit Work
Hundreds of performances including: Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, Grease, My Fair Lady, Anything Goes, Annie, Oklahoma, All Shook Up, Annie, A Christmas Carol, Little Shop of Horrors, Crazy for You.
Pop / Rock / Jazz Performer
- The Big Nazo Band (children's)
- Intimae (private functions, wedding receptions)
- Curio (original progressive rock)
- Sweet 78 (Jazz/Standards)
Wide range of work in recording studios, concert halls, parades, weddings, nightclubs, private functions, churches, festivals, radio, television.
1990 — Present: Extensive writing experience on a variety of music-related and business success topics. Includes:
- Back-up Bands (improvisational instruction CD program)
- Black, White & Blues (piano instruction course)
- Articles on songwriting and the music business in: Contemporary Songwriter, American Songwriter, and Musician's Classified.
Ebooks and Audiobooks (available at Amazon.com and Audible.com)
- Getting Good, Getting Great (music mastery how-to)
- The Smart Guitarist's Chord-a-Day Calendar
- Go for Great (music mastery)
- Onstage and In-Control: Ten Easy Ways to Clobber Stage Fright
- Great Talks, No Sweat (public speaking, business presentation)
- Eight Traits of the Greats: How the Best Players Get that Way
- Four Feet Tall and Scared to Death (overcoming childhood stage-fright)
- Cruising School (Excellence in Academics)